Tuesday, March 13, 2012

News Flash: Italy Changes Their Song

Nina Zilli will now perform the song L'Amore É Femmina at the Eurovision Song Contest. The announce came today on Eurovision.tv. This means that sadly we've lost a great song from Eurovision, replacing it with a more contest friendly song. The song is definitely more suited to the contest and while I do like the new song I am disappointed with RAI's decision. This is largely because after Gualazzi's triumph that was the Madness of Love I thought that Italy on the back of the strong San Remo format might actually try to send songs that were a bit more classy. Songs that would appeal more to juries than public. While I think that this is going to be great at Eurovision, I still think that it is a lost opportunity for Italy to be different what is a somewhat generic contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment